Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sew much fun!

I started making some felt flower brooches last year as little stocking fillers for my family and friends and I think I may have caught the sewing bug!

It's a great way to use up my large collection of old buttons and the recipients were happy which was nice.  I also made a rather strange brooch at the request of my husband which you can see here.  He was rather pleased with it, but has yet to be seen wearing it around town!


I received this rather lovely shiny red sewing machine for Christmas and I am looking forward to having a go on some slightly bigger projects this year... Many years ago I did a dress-making class but found it all a bit too technical and I have various half finished garments in the loft!
I think I'll probably start with making things for the house as you can never have enough cushions in my opinion!

12 comments:

  1. I love your colour combos - not sure about that slightly fierce-looking number two though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are obviously leading parallel lives . I got a sewing machine for Christmas as well. Am still terrified of it, have started with cushions and bags too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this kind of sewing! can't wait how many wonderful things you'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those brooches are awesome! What a great gift idea. And I love that red machine. Never seen one that color. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I've added you to my Stylish Bloggers Award with some other blogs I hope you might like. Please do go and check it out. You don't have to participate if you don't want to, just enjoy. These felt brooches just prove that u are tres stylish! Michaela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your brooches, can't wait to see your next sewing project done on that amazing sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous brooches and gorgeous red sewing machine!! I also have the sewing bug - BAD. Having a bub has motivated me to make handmade clothes and softies and blankets and stuff :) By the way, I think the brooch you made for Lee is a crack up!! And also totally gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely brooches! I love your red sewing machine!! I need to catch the sewing bug and dust off my sewing machine. My last sewing project was a couple years ago and it was a purse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Moira! Superb brooches!! I have done some stuff (felt) too... now I am into stained glass jewelry, it's nice to get into more "hand-made art", keep us away from the computer for a while! Keep on sewing!! May be safer then glass, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great Moira! and love the brooches, I look forward to seeing more of your creations! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A french admiratrice living in Cambridgeshire too.Enjoying reading you !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Moira! Your brooches are so beautiful! I would buy them from you. ;) Can't wait to see what other fun creations you stitch up with that fancy red sewing machine. Happy sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete