Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bloomin' Spring!

I took a few photos around the house this week to join in with Lou's Nature in the Home feature on her blog. We have had some lovely Spring sunshine this week but it's still so cold!
These are my Mother's Day flowers, and a very good choice too, thanks Jimmy! Gerberas are my favourite flowers and I love the zingy colours which fit in very well with our colour scheme. I'm fond of chrysanthemums too which always remind me of my dear Grandma who always had dried ones in her house when I was little.
I was excited to see that one of my many cacti also decided to flower on Mother's Day.  I have loved cacti and succulents since I was a teenager, I find them strangely beautiful and a bit creepy, especially when they flower.
This is a photo from last year, this cactus always put on an amazing display, but so fleeting as each bloom only lasts a day!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Moira, thank you for joining in my series, welcome! WOW your orange wall is amazing!!! And a cactus that flowers (I think that's pretty special) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bright flowers, they go wonderful with your lovely display. Those cacti flowers are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ace cactus! And I love the black and white pot too. I have an odd looking succulent that flowers every now and then too. Glad to have found you via Lou's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowering cacti, that's wonderful! I am really bad with cacti, they never make it with me :( but yours are gorgeous! /maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. you would never know it was cold looking at these lovely warm pics!....I adore orange. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cacti flowers amazing. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are too pretty! Love the pink flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete